Tuesday, December 12, 2006

And the Beat Goes On...

The sum effect of all the viruses in this household has been a case of benign postitional vertigo... I get dizzy when I move my head into certain positions... I get dizzy bending over... there is nausea and headache. I'm hoping with time and patience this goes away soon...

Our anniversary on Saturday was quiet... My husband got me a planter of lovely red miniature roses - my fave - and we had a quiet dinner in our pj's in front of the television. I also received a nice ring, but found I have lost my heart necklace he gave me 10 years ago. I have been devastated the last few days, rummaging about looking for where it might have fallen. This necklace was one of the few things I really treasured, and only wore it "for good". It's loss has distracted me from my preparations for Toronto. I've asked the angels for help on this one, and hopefully they can super-sleuth for me...

On Sunday Brian and I canned some cranberry sauce and blueberry jam for our seasonal holiday baskets. Normally I do canning alone, but with Angeni away, Brian was able to help me, and I enjoyed that immensely... We made a chocolate/strawberry/shortbread pie and a rustic Italian deep-dish pizza... I miss being able to have days like that - they are few and far between. I've felt the urge to cook for Christmas and look forward to some serious cookie baking next week.

Tonight was Angeni's Christmas concert for the primary division of Normanby School. She got all dressed up in a red holiday sweater - complete with miraboo feather collar - and black velvet pants. The 6 grade 3's from her split grade class did a bell-ringing version of "We Wish you a Merry Christmas". The virus-induced headache almost kept me from attending, but how could I miss that performance?

One more day of prepping and packing and I'm off to the Big Smoke (Toronto). Angeni has been invited to a neighbour child's birthday party for Saturday afternoon, so my Toronto trip is cut short - I'll be returning Friday afternoon instead of Saturday... I now have the pressure of finding a suitable birthday gift before I leave because there won't be time on Friday night. Anyway, the 2 quilts are almost prepped (one needs a hanging sleeve) and my magical carpenter has crafted two silver-painted hanging dowels. I am struggling with what one wears to a gallery exhibit opening, as one of the artists. This is a first for me to be able to attend the official opening. I have some minor signage to create, and a gift basket to finish. Lots to do in a 24 hour period.

One thing I won't be wearing is my anniversary heart - and I'm sad. I'm not one to mourn the loss of material things, but this one thing is bothering me... I'm hoping the angelic super sleuths work miracles for me!

No comments: