Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Things that go bump in the night, and day, and...

Today, October 25th marks the beginning of an 18-day period where feasts for the dead are celebrated around the world, including my own native culture. Mexican people have celebrations in graveyards, bringing food for the deceased, and performing all-night vigils, as an example for one culture. We in the north also feast in a communal gathering, offering a plate to the ancestors from the feaat goods, and channelling with them for the assembled. The angels aren't forgotten, as the feast "Los Angelitos" is celebrated in this period of 18 days.

From a parapsychological point of view, it is prime spook spotting time - the days are mostly bright, with high pressure, and the nights cold and crisp - this creates an atmosphere conducive to spirits crossing "the veil". I've conducted all of my most famous building analyses during this period - NOT to get the Hallowe'en hype, but because it is more likely we'll have sightings, EVP, PK and such...

I love this time of year... the 18 days ends with veterans' day on Nov. 11th - you don't have to be psychic to be aware of the emotional pall in the air on that day... Many a deceased soldier has made their presence known to me on 11/11. Otherwise, this is a happy time, and the wonderment of reconnecting with departed loved ones never ceases to delight me.

Oct. 25th is the 32nd anniversary of my Nanny's passing - she has come back to me a few times to help over the years, and I honour that... It is also the 25th anniversary of the death of a friend, her daughter and 4-month-old granddaughter after being hit by a transport truck. For some reason, I was supposed to be in that car with Shirley, and didn't want to go - I unplugged my phone and went to bed. She called her daughter, and the rest is history. Why I didn't get the direct message I don't know, except that if I knew she would die, I'd have called her and stopped her trip. If it was her time to go, then I would be interfering with her karma. So she died and I slept. Knowing what I know about the universe and spirit, I can be here without "survivor guilt", althougn from time to time I have that nagging tug. All I know is I was prevented, through divine intervention, from going shopping with Shirley. I honour my ancestors for keeping me safe...

Have a blessed time during the feasts of the dead... honour your departed in whatever way suits you, but do it!! They love having us try to connect. Know that it is as difficult for them to connect with us, as it is for us to connect with them, but it doesn't happen if we don't try!!

Have a safe, and spirit-filled season.

No comments: