Monday, September 25, 2006

Post-weekend blitz

Wow - what a change in the southern Ontario weather... like instant autumn!! We returned from the wedding extravaganza, and I'm still getting settled - 5 loads of laundry and one really sick kid later, I have some things to put away from the weekend. The wedding ended up being in a tent, but the sun broke long enough for the bride to get her photos at the beach, if not the service on the beach. Midewiwin Shaman did a superb job... It was a long ride home, but I'm feeling better about my pending trip to the same area for a quilt show in 3 weeks...

Prior to leaving on Friday we took my wee Yorkie-poo Pooky to the vet to have her chest assessed because of a cough... "old dog bronchitis" apparently... if she doesn't respond to the meds by this Friday, she'll be x-rayed for a lung tumour... not the news I wanted to hear an hour before leaving for Fort Erie. But, she seems to be responding to the meds, and this is a good thing. We'll know better by the end of the week. Pooky hs been my constant companion of 14 years - she still plays and eats well, but has slowed down a touch. I don't feel it is her time yet...

I'm sad that I never got to the beach this year. I am a person who needs the water. I hope this doesn't happen next year!!!

No comments: