Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Been awhile....

A lot has happened for Brian and I this past 16 months...  He was diagnosed with cancer in June 2011 and had bowel/rectal cancer surgery in August 2011.  It took quite a while to recover from completely.  Then we were unsuccessful in getting the contract back at CNCC (a superjail in Penetanguishene)...  From there Brian waited for open heart surgery.  It was very painful and agonizing watching him go through the physical decline of ihs heart issues, while grieving the loss of our employment.  Once the surgery happened in August, we've gone through hell again as he recovered this time.  And he is still recovering - every day gets a little better...

Despite everything that has gone on, we've still managed to dream with the medicine wheel.  It is important to recreate ourselves.  As the summer moves into autumn, we are beginning to embrace the gift we've been given - the opportunity to return to activities we love and enjoy! 
  • We've done some teaching in the community.  
  • There has been time to rebuild and finish our respective studios.
  • We are planning a series of open studio days in November and December.
  • I am channeling again for people - particularly enjoying doing so on Skype.
  • I am designing some fabulous knitwear.
  • Writing, writing, writing - I'm planning a book on psychospiritual development.  I'm beginning to connect with publishers.
We see this time as the necessary "kick in the pants" to get us going with what we really love.  The surgeries remind us both that this third dimensional life is limited, and there is no time like the present to do what we love and are good at!!  Why wait?

Blogging is an important part of this process.  I hope I can be more available to keep this blog up-to-date.  There is nothing I love more than talking about spiritual issues and textile design.  So that is what I intend to direct this blog into - with the odd tangent.  Let me know what you'd like me to address and I'll do my best to chat on these subjects.

Blessings to everyone on this wild weather, autumn day!

No comments: