Thursday, March 08, 2007

Musicians I miss...

There are some classic voices from the 60's - 80's that I really miss, and wish could record again - people like Marilyn McCoo (most known from the 5th Dimension), Gary Puckett, the late Laura Nyro, the late Eva Cassidy, Colin Blunstone (best known as lead singer of the Zombies), even Van Morrison... All these people are in their sixties, if still alive, and I miss them... I miss Diana Ross from the years when she was daring. Dusty Springfield was a major trailblazer and is now deceased - and it is really sad how many of these women I mentioned died so young!!! I don't miss Tom Jones - he had little variety and seemed to only be able to emote "intensity"... a great voice but not my style... I'm sure I'll edit this time and again as my old faves spring to mind...

Slowly the temperatures are moving into a spring-like destination. Apparently by Sunday it will be +7 degrees and plus temps overnight - I welcome that. It has been hard to shift my thinking toward having a spring equinox gathering when it is -23 outside. I won't miss the snow and wind.

I received a CD of a speech by the Dalai Lama - I'm looking forward to hearing what he has to say this afternoon. Brian is away being carpenter guy, so I'm puttering with housework and laundry. I hope Brian is home soon - we're nearly out of wood for the fireplace.

I was surprised that Canada is willingly following the lead of the US in switching daylight savings time ahead on the weekend - that's several weeks ahead of schedule. Supposedly this is an energy saving measure, but I'm not so sure... we actually have a whole weekend off, so I'm going to try and get together with my sister. Her birthday was in February and mine last week, and we've been trying to get a weekend together for over a month - finally I think it might happen. We have some celebrating to do... and lots of years to make up for...

No comments: