Monday, December 28, 2015

Right in the middle of the holidays...

So here we are - December 28th - it is Larry's 5th birthday.  We worked with clients today, and entertained some surprise visitors.  Angeni went with friends to see "The Nutcracker" at Centre in the Square (Kitchener).  She's home now, but was on the road a loooonnnggg time for a teenager.  Brian went out to exchange his Christmas gift from me (a router) for a model that fits his tool lift - he's chomping at the bit to start making feather boxes and a requested jewellery box for my cousin.  Larry and I tried a wee nap.  Methinks I should back up a little...

Our solstice gathering on the 20th was fabulous - amazing - heartfelt and joyful.  We had about 21 people crammed in the livingroom.  There was ample, diverse food and really interesting spirit gifts.  Passing the talking stick is a novel thing for some folks, and it is amazing how much sheer love was felt in the room, even though some were comparative strangers.  I brought forward some teachings about the sacred tree, and the correlation of the Tungus shamanic traditions to the legend of Santa Claus. We did a couple of naming ceremonies as well, complete with megis shells to the heart of the recipients.  This was one of the best gatherings we've had in some time...

Also on the 20th, Angeni participated in a church cantata in Midland at St. Paul's.  She and 3 other guest high school students brought instruments from Penetanguishene Secondary to bolster the choir and orchestra.  Angeni does percussion, and so had numerous instruments to maneuver between for the hour-long performance.  Judging from her recapitulation of the event, this was a one-time experience for these students. Penetanguishene Secondary closes in June and she graduates from grade 12, so it is a moot point.

Christmas day was epic - we had an 18 pound turkey!  We invited a friend (who would otherwise have been alone) and it was like the old days...  we used to always have extra people visit.  There is a big bag of turkey now frozen, ready to pull out when we're wondering about dinner somewhere around Family Day...  I do love my turkey and mayo sandwiches.

It is rare for the 3 of us to be in the same room together at the same time...  even as I write this, the other 2 are watching "Shaun the Sheep".  It isn't my thing, but this is where my lift chair resides.  I wouldn't leave the room if I could...  it is hard getting us all together, and that's what the holidays are about (even if it takes a stop-motion, cartoonish movie).

I'm still dreaming of all the purses I'm in the throes of making (albeit the early stages).  I secretly go to the studio and gently caress all my bag-making hardware.  I coo loving words to it...  I've been threatened to avoid making a Hello Kitty purse.  I don't abide these threats...  Hello Kitty is in the queue - bwahahahahaaa.  

Well, this needs to wrap up.  I wish all who read my blog a very blessed, wonderful, joy-filled 2016.  It is an extra-special leap year, and one of the last angelic harmonic convergences for awhile.  I am optimistic about the state of the world, peace emerging and general ascension...  it is finally coming all together.  Hold me to that prognostication... Love and light, Kathryn

Larry as a new puppy in 2011...


Larry playing the stupid shoe game last night...

No comments: