Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Endings and Beginnings

We finally signed off the purchase agreement for the llamas bought from us almost 3 years ago - we had to forgive a large amount of the contract because the people just couldn't pay, and we couldn't take the animals back... much of what they paid us was in spun yarn, and so I must now peddle this commodity to get back some income. This, coupled with the sale of the grade llamas last April, puts to bed the saga of the camelids. I'm glad we had the experience - Angeni enjoyed them, and learned a lot about animals and their care. We didn't really make anything on them, as a fair few died over the years, but we probably just did a little better than breaking even... In the camelid market, that's a bonus. Like emus, the bottom fell out of the luxury animal commodities after we got into it - I'm still grateful we did it for that 5 years, and grateful to move on... I guess I have some knitting to do!!

We've had a break in the weather - it got up to +4 degrees by noon today, allowing the snow to melt off the roof. It meant Spunky gets nervous with anything that roars like thunder, so the 5 or 6 rounds of cascading snow and ice jam made her upset through the night. What a difference from 4 days ago, when it was still -20 degrees when we were sitting in the rink watching Angeni skate. This is our January thaw a month late, because winter started a month late. So be it.

I'm making some beef stew today, and it has filled the house with quite an aroma... Angeni has decided she likes beef stew, and chicken corn chowder soup - that's in the crock tomorrow. Ever so slowly we are moving past "eeewwwww" over everything served here...

We were in town briefly over the llama thing, and to mail some documents. One document involves Indian Affairs and my status card... dredging up all my ancestry showed me I'm starting to forget little things like the spelling of middle names, and correct birth dates. I had to call my sister to confirm a couple things, which gave us an excuse to talk... I've registered Angeni, so hopefully she'll have her card soon.

Another friend had a car accident this month. Like Robert in early February, she felt the "bang" reverberating through her body bringing a great discomfort. For some unfortunate accident victims, that bang is the last thing they ever hear on this earth. It must have been that way this month for a carpenter friend Brian worked with - he and his wife were killed instantly in a car crash north of Hanover. That bang reverberates through the skeleton and can cause soul loss, something needing to be addressed by the shamanic group. I'm glad my friend wasn't seriously hurt...

It's one of the ghost show nights... mother and daughter will do their shower thing early, so we can roll up Angeni's hair in curlers (in an attempt to tame it) and hunker down for a night of ghost stuff - gives me a chance to teach her all about good and bad paranormal investigation. Ah, bonding...

No comments: