2015 Wolfe Island Métis Charitable Association Fundraising Campaign
T’anisi – Boozhoo – Greetings!
In 20 years of providing spiritual and educational services to aboriginal people in Canada, Wolfe Island Métis Charitable Association is embarking on a fundraising blitz. Everyone who works for Wolfe Island from the Executive Director, board members and the licensed minister, work for free and always have… our budgets are small and we have just enough money in the coffers to cover administrative expenses (like the bank and website management).
Now we need your help - A new set of challenges is presenting itself, and we appeal to our supporters:
· Kathryn’s mobility issues are amplified, and we need to do some renovations on the office, stairs, ceremonial and teaching spaces to accommodate her needs, and those of other ability-challenged adherents.
· Expanding our range of courses to include a two-year, part-time program for training and ordaining ministers to be licensed in our aboriginal interfaith spirituality model.
· Opening a dedicated teaching space.
· We’re increasing the number of feasts, and gatherings to fully embrace all the moon cycles and seasonal ceremonies.
· We plan to run a community medicine wheel teaching garden in 2016. This is the same model we used in 1997 when funded by the ‘Aboriginal Healing and Wellness Strategy’. There is no available funding from agencies for a new garden project.
· We’re expanding Wolfe Island’s membership base to include registered cards, using a 5-year term model.
· Teaching manuals and materials need to be published. Our Wolfe Island computer equipment needs to be upgraded.
· Art materials for the “Aboriginal Artist in Education” program are required. We currently teach in local schools of North Simcoe, but would like to expand the number of artists and range of programs throughout all of Simcoe County.
Our campaign is looking at raising $30,000.00 to cover these expenditures – the need is NOW. As a registered charity, everyone who donates to Wolfe Island receives a charitable receipt for the full amount of their donation.
To make a donation - There is a PayPal donation buttons on the Wolfe Island website www.wolfeisland.org . If you would rather donate in person, you are welcome to do so… Cheques can be made out to “Wolfe Island Métis Charitable Association” and mailed to 302 Lafontaine Rd. W., Tiny, Ontario L9M 0H1. If you have questions, by all means contact Brian Lovelady at 705-533-2520 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Miigwetch for your support!