Sunday, March 08, 2015

So, another beautiful day, with just enough hints of spring to make me giddy.  I'm also still basking in the glow of a fabulous Psychospiritual Development class last night.  We covered a lot of territory, and the mood was great.  I'm looking forward to the next 9 weeks...  As the weather improves I'm considering taking the students who wish to develop it, for a day of dowsing.  One needs warm, dry weather for a dowsing class.  There are two forms of dowsing I teach: geomantic dowsing (earth-based) and radiesthetic dowsing (the body).

Anyway, I am happily designing a quilt featuring Kateri Tekakwitha.  The quilt is a commission by an old friend, for his daughter.  I want to depict Kateri in less of a traditional, religions manner.  I have visions of her with stylized wings, floating in a sunset skyscape.  I'm contemplating whether to include a lily.  She was known as the "Lily of the Mohawks".  I am drafting my pattern on bristol board, taped into a larger piece with packing tape.   It's a large picture - this is a queen-sized quilt.  I've struggled with her depiction for months, but the form that's evolving is both peaceful and powerful; it makes me happy and that's what counts.  The artistic process is so personal, containing so much of Self; it's difficult not to get strangled by emotional tethers.  My "life coaching" helped me work off those tethers.  I proceed with grace.

May your week be beautiful and playful.  Peace.

No comments: