Saturday, May 13, 2006

Mother's Day Madness

It's a visual - it's now after 1 AM, I'm in bed, sewing snaps on doll clothes for my daughter's bear. The bear went through the wash, and so did the clothes. These are actually old Fruit-of-the-Loom baby shirts, with legs created out of the bottom... a tiny leisure jumpsuit for "Baby Bear". Onto the surface of one of these shirts I am appliqueing a penguin motif. Under the penguin is the caption "Reverend Looney-Up-The-Bun", both in reference to beloved Money Python sketches. The penguin was salvaged from a shirt that didn't fare too well when lost outside, but she wanted me to save the penguin. I've got the computer on my lap so at least I can hear some tunes while I prick my fingers, bleed on my bosom, and struggle with lighting that is too low for me to be sewing, but allows Brian to sleep...

Okay, I'm 49 years old, I'm a minister and yes, tonight, doing one of those incredibly strange things that my daughter will tell her kids about - ah, mother's day.

No comments: